Flow Support FAQs
Which pump motors are compatible with the Flow?
The Flow Breast Pump Accessory Kit connects to your motor and replaces your original accessories for a discreet and hands-free pumping experience.
The Flow is currently compatible with the following double electric pumps:
- Freemie Freedom™
- Hygeia Enjoye™
- Medela Pump in Style Advanced™
- Medela Symphony™
- Spectra S1 Plus™
- Spectra S2 Plus™
- Spectra 9 Plus™
How do I get started with Flow?
Videos & Resources
Babies don't come with a manual, but your Flow does! Please read through it, here: User Manual.
- Just getting started? Check out: Assembling Flow Video
- Pairing with Spectra? Spectra Adapter Video
- Disassembling / Re-assembling between sessions? Learn how save time by skipping that step: Valve Pour Video
- Need help with removal? Dismount Video
- Noticing moisture in your tubing? Condensation Help Video
Sanitization & Cleaning
As with all baby feeding and breast pump items, Moxxly Flow needs to be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before use. Wash and sanitize everything that milk touches which include the bottles, lids, valves, and flanges. You do not need to clean your tubes and adapters unless they come into contact with milk.
Sanitize your Flow by placing the parts in a pot of boiling water for 3-5 minutes.
Wash your Flow parts before your first use and between every session. Wash with soap and warm water or on the top rack of a dishwasher.
Component Care & Replacements
The valve is a crucial part of the Moxxly Flow system. Take care not to tear the bottom of the duckbill when cleaning and transporting. If you’ve been using Moxxly Flow for more than three months it may be time to replace your valves. How do you know it might be time? Three things to look for:
(1) Check the bottom edge of the valve (the part that opens and closes) to see if the material is frayed or worn.
(2) Ensure a tight fit between your bottle and the valve. The valve should fit snugly over the top of the bottle.
(3) You are experiencing less suction than before with Moxxly Flow, even though your pump motor is working properly and you’ve checked all the connections in Moxxly Flow to ensure a tight fit.
You should not have to clean your tubing because it does not come in contact with milk. In the case of a milk spill or debris entering the tubes, you may clean them in soapy water and then hang them to dry. Make sure they are completely dry before use.
From time to time you may see small drops of condensation in your tubing. This mainly stems from the difference in temperature between your milk and the environment during your pump session. This can also vary depending on the material of the tubing.
Spectra mamas, condensation may be a new phenomenon for you due to the silicone material of the Spectra tubing. Unless you see milk or significant amounts of condensation in the tubing, this is usually nothing to worry about!
To ensure that you’re drying out your tubes after each session please do the following:
At the end of your session, run your pump motor with just the tubing still attached to the pump motor for approximately 2 minutes (or until the condensation is removed).
Alternatively, you may wash the tubing with soap and warm water. Shake the water out and hang to air dry.
Still have questions? Shoot us a note at email@example.com.